Monday, October 13, 2008

The Quest





So the other day, Peter posted to his blog about a prototype meeting between Playmates and Mirage regarding the 1st wave launch of the turtles. In that meeting they were shown two prototypes (pictured above). It is instantly clear which version they ultimately chose for the launch. But that left me wondering as to the whereabouts of the unchosen wax sculpt. So I ofcourse have taken it upon myself to find out! I emailed Paula at Playmates and inquired about the piece. Here is a portion of the email I sent:
"The wax sculpt on the left is a proposed version of a series 1 ninja turtle that was never produced. It is my understanding that at this point it was a choice between going stylistically with the figure on the left or on the right, and as you know, the figure on the right was chosen. I however, am extremely interested in the fate of the figure on the left. I'd like to know if it still exists , and if it does, wither or not it could possibly be for sale. There are a number of items in my collection that I consider historically important to both the ninja turtle toy line, and to toys in general. That figure is one such piece. If it still exists, I would desperately like to add it to my collection so that it can be properly cared for, preserved, shared, and enjoyed along with other important pieces I have."
She said she forwarded the inquiry on to the marketing department to fidn out what happened tothe piece. I will keep you posted as the story unfolds. I just hope that poor thing didnt get melted down or disgarded :-(
Here's Hoping.

6 comments:

Roseangelo said...

You'd probably have better luck asking Peter about it.

Stephan @ The Turtle Van said...

the question was asked. And he said he never saw it again after that day.

Mikey said...

Just thought I'd let you know I've added you to the blogroll at mikeystmnt.com. Also, I'd appreciate if you'd update your link to mikeystmnt.com. Tokka's blog is at http://beget-kings.blogspot.com

Thanks!

-Mikey

~ tOkKa said...

** yeh i'm Mikey's news hound.. ultimatly it is his site.

**

-->> Steph,in my strange findings between here, ebay, and beyond.. .. like i try to report on any odd things such as this to Rose, or Vaughn ::


i'll put you on my list of people to alert when i find items like this. Of coarse that's ' IF ' .. still i'm a pretty good at diggin' odd ball TMNT stuff so ya never know.. ;]

Keep us updated !!

>v<

Stephan @ The Turtle Van said...

ah ok, i thought it was Tokka's site. Ill fix it in a minute.

Vaughn Michael said...

Just so you know Stephan,
All of the people that would be able to answer this @ Playmates are long gone.