Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Creative Force's Take on the Barnes and Noble Thing


So, I was speaking to one of the people who are somehow involved in the Turtles Creative Universe...Yes...It is vague...Deal.

Anyway, the important part isn't who they are as much as what they said. I thought this was very insightful input on the subject:



Hi
Just saw your post online about the B&N.com selling tales.
It's only online. NOT in stores.
I think TMNT's biggest problem is that it's too diverse a property.
So, what a step in the right direction for one part isn't going to save the franchise as a whole.
There's not a lot of crossover from one part to the other--meaning those who read the comics don't necessarily watch the cartoon
Those who collect the toys don't care about the comics, etc.
And it doesn't help that every part skews to a different age group and audience.
Sooooo…
Step in a right direction? Kinda. I guess. But I'm not really optimistic. They've been on Amazon forever, but no one buys them there.


Agree or disagree, it is interesting input.

P.S. The Picture is just something I stole from google image search. If it is yours, let me know so I can credit you.

3 comments:

Roseangelo said...

Gee, sounds familiar. :|

Unknown said...

All of the Amazon stuff is through secondary or secondhand dealers, which would explain the aversion people have to it. I know I wouldn't buy from them unless I absolutely had to.
Those are all good points about the general demographics of the various off-shoots. If the toys and shows are ending like everybody seems to be saying then I wonder if those wanting more turtles stuff will turn to the comcsi. They seem to be the only thing that have any possibility of continuing past the anniversary.

~ tOkKa said...

XXXXXXXXXXXX - fingers ..


-->> ..X - your fingers til' they bleed !~! !!

>v<