Sunday, August 10, 2008

EarthQuake Damage Report!



Ok so most of you who read this blog with any regularity know that I live in southern california. And unless you live under a rock, you know that southern california was hit by an earthquake last week. For years, one of the first questions people ask upon seeing my TMNT collection (link on the right hand side of your screen) is "My god, what is going to happen in the event of an earthquake?!?!?"

Well, I am here to tell you, with certainty, that the answer IS...............not a whole hell of a lot.

I had the same fear you all did. I was at work when the earthquake hit us, and the first thing I thought was "oh shit, I am going to have a lot of turtles to clean up". Fortunately, I was wrong. Out of the roughly 1200 ninja turtle items I have on display in my home...about 20 of them fell over. No vehicles moved, and only 3 figures broke (two of which were customs, and one that was already glued back together from breaking previously).

So I guess the conclusion that you can make is that it is going to take a much bigger quake than a 5.4 to screw with my collection...in which case I will probably have bigger things to worry about at the time.

1 comment:

Roseangelo said...

Wow, that's pretty impressive! So far I've only had to deal with small quakes that have passed though with a slight rumble, and pretty much nothing budged from those.

My friend nearly got killed by her Harry Potter books during the San Simeon quake from a few years ago, though...